The American Friends of Jamaica, Inc. (AFJ) will launch its 2018-2019 grant application cycle on November 1, 2018. The AFJ will be accepting proposals from organizations operating in the fields of education, healthcare and human and economic development benefiting the people of Jamaica.
Complete application materials must be submitted not later than FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2019. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Grant decisions will be made and communicated to applicants by the AFJ before the end of April 2019. Please note that applications are reviewed once per year.
Criteria for Application
1. The grantee should have a Board of Directors, governing body or independent entity to which the project administrator is responsible. The governing body or sponsor should hold regular meetings with the project administrator, as well as keep minutes of deliberations and decisions.
2. The grantee should be registered under the Charities Act 2013 or be a school, a university or provide documentation supporting eligibility that will be considered by the AFJ Grants Committee.
3. The project should have at least one person with operational responsibility for implementation of the project and administration of funds.
4. The grantee should have a separate trust account for grant funds. Funds held for charitable purposes should be kept separately from funds held by the grantee for its administrative purposes.
5. The grantee should maintain clear and accurate financial records for its own operations that will provide AFJ with an understanding of the organization’s administrative expenses
6. The grantee should be able to keep separate accounts for the project, showing all income and expenditure. These should be kept up-to-date, and AFJ will have the right to request and review at any time between initial disbursement of grant funds, and the final report.
7. The grantee should be able to produce comprehensive reports on the project. For past AFJ grantees, no additional funds will be granted if a final report has not been submitted in a timely manner.
Please complete the application here in full and then click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you may download the form by clicking on the “Application Form” link highlighted in yellow below, completing it manually and sending it to us via mail or electronically at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in the American Friends of Jamaica. We appreciate the work you do to benefit Jamaicans and wish you every success during the coming year.